Thursday, January 16, 2014

A dog is the only animal that loves you more than he loves himself


I am currently participating in the 2014 Jump Start blogging challenge on Active Rain, and posting a blog a day for the month of January.   Being that there is a dog lovers group, I thought it was time that I wrote about mine. 

Anyone who really knows me, knows how much I love my dogs.  They are my babies, my angels, my precious girl and boy…. Those are just a few of the terms of endearment they hear everyday.  They are the stars of my personal Facebook page and take up the most room on my photo stream.  That’s says a lot, being a property manager and taking tons of pictures of properties at move in and move outs.
 
This blog is going to be about Cooper:
 
We got him from a breeder. After a bad experience with trying to adopt a little bit of an older lab, we wanted a breeder with an excellent reputation and paid a pretty penny for him.  We found one in Malabar, way out in the middle of nowhere.  We got on a waiting list for the latest batch of labs, that were just born and there were several chocolate and black. I wanted the chocolate. The breeder was really great, she posted photos at fist of all of them, and each had a different color collar.  We had fist pick of the litter, since we put our money down first and since I wanted chocolate, and my husband wanted a male, we had three to choose from.  When they were about three weeks old, we started being able to view the litter multiple times a day for hours at  a time if we wanted, on web cam.  It was so awesome and it didn’t take me long to fall in love with the one with the red collar.  It wasn’t just my choice though, we all had a say, so I kept am open mind.  Orange collar was pretty cute and a favorite of one or two in my family. But there was just something about the one with the red collar. 
We went to meet them finally, and that was when we could make our choice.  I think it was pretty unanimous at that point. He was just so darn adorable.  He wandered away at one point, and actually followed my husband back to the group, and fell asleep in my arms. 

 

It was so hard to wait the three more weeks to bring him home.   I was lucky at that time to work in a small office where they were pretty laid back on some things and got to bring him to work for a few weeks, until he could go a little longer without going to the bathroom.  From day one, he was the sweetest most adorable dog there ever was.  That was almost five years ago and we consider ourselves blessed every day to have this wonderful angel in our lives.   
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment